KSON/KYGO

Moderator: jimmya

countryroadie

KSON/KYGO

Post by countryroadie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Has anyone heard any rumors yet as to who might be hired to program KYGO and KSON? I thought for sure there would be replacements announced by now, but I have no clue as to who might be chosen. I know there are so many great people who are out there looking. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac Daniels was in the running...

Has anyone else heard anything yet on who might be taking the reins?

napmouth

Re: KSON/KYGO

Post by napmouth » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:51 pm

I am wondering where Andy Elliott is headed. I haven't heard anything specific yet but I bet he has his next gig lined up.

countryroadie

Post by countryroadie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, from what it looks like in the story from All Access today on Andy, he may already have something lined up. Hopefully that is the case, he's a good guy.

countryroadie

Post by countryroadie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 am

Just saw that Bill Jones left Cumulus/Montgomery. That leaves one more person out there that has me thinking of who could take the PD reigns at KYGO/KSON. Maybe Bill already has something else lined up, but I'm just throwing suggestions out there.

toddtaylor

Post by toddtaylor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm

There are so many folks looking at that KYGO job, if they took the time to talk to the all, it'd be a year before they put someone in there! Whoever it eventually is will be thoroughly tested for sure.

deeregulation

Post by deeregulation » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:32 am

As far as Cumulus goes, I am sure that Jan Jeffrries will take over all of Bill Jones' territory. This company cares about nothing but the bottom line. If it were a dept store chain it would be the Family Dollar of radio or maybe Dollar General...take your pick.

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Well at least one mystery is solved there...Kevin Callahan starts at KSON next month. Congrats Kevin!

I haven't heard anything about where Bill Jones is headed...lots of people switching around!

countryroadie

Post by countryroadie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Now Greg Frey is leaving KILT-FM/Houston. Just lots of changes going on right now it seems.

Dee, I LOVED your comment about Cumulus being the Family Dollar or Dollar General in department store chains. That is SO true!

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 am

Well I heard that Andy Elliott is at New Revolution now, making the jump to the records side. This seems like smart move. It seems like there are more jobs for reps now than the other way around. Sadly-a lot of these guys who are getting laid off are having to look at smaller markets or changing careers altogether. So it seems smart to make the record label move if he can!