Opry

Moderator: jimmya

karengoodner

Opry

Post by karengoodner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Glad to see the Opry back at the Grand Ole Opry house! I went to the Opry show on Saturday night and the building looked great. I have heard the dressing rooms are amazing as well.
They played a video showing the flood damage and what was done to restore the Opry, as well as thanked Hands on Nashville volunteers and the construction workers, many who were there. They also recognized flood victims who were at the show.
Everything looked great and was glad to see the Opry back home!

jimmya

Re: Opry

Post by jimmya » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:29 pm

I second what Karen said, although I was not there this past week. The Opry is one of our treasures, so thankfully it's back and looking great!

Now if they can just get that mall open before Christmas!

Jim

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:04 pm

I need to go to another show, I love the Opry! It's one of Nashville's many great treasures. That is very cool of them to do what they did this weekend.

On the mall note, I am hearing that they may never reopen it. They have run out of money to fix it and they're in the middle of a big lawsuit over insurance. They are going to lose millions of dollars in tax revenue for Davidson County by not having it reopened for quite some time. And I hate it for those who lost their jobs at stores in the mall.

I've even heard a rumor about them possibly rebuilding the amusement park there again, but I doubt that is likely at this point.

But I'm glad the Opry is still alive and well! :)

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 am

I wish they would bring the theme park back but I can't see that ever happening. I was over there recently and the parking lot was still a mess around the mall. I am not sure it will ever recover. Guess there's no more IMAX for us!
That's unfortunate because we are losing a lot of revenue when people go to the Opry and can't shop at the mall.

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 am

I know they are planning the big birthday bash for this weekend. Hopefully all those shows will sell out. I think even the first shows back at the Opry had some seats available. Though I know Taylor is playing the birthday thing so that should get a younger audience there.

stargirl

Post by stargirl » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 am

The theme park was such a great thing for families that came to town--Nashville has been talking about building something near the river for years, but it has yet to happen--I wish that they would do something like that--it would give tourism such a boost.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 am

I heard the birthday celebration went great...Taylor, Dolly and a sold out crowd. Glad they could get the Opry back open in time! I wish the young artists like Taylor would support the Opry more on a regular week as well but it's good to see young people coming to the Opry as well regardless.