Taylor Album

Moderator: jimmya

deeregulation

Taylor Album

Post by deeregulation » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:48 am

So anyone ready to guess about TAYLOR's opening week for the new album? I hear that they are shipping 2-million units.

I am guessing between 700,000 and 800,000-

any takers?

Dee Dee

PennyLane64

Re: Taylor Album

Post by PennyLane64 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 am

Dee, I wouldn't be surprised if her first week sales were just as your predicted. As hot as she is these days, that album is sure to move AT LEAST 500,000 units right off the bat.

I hate to say it, but I kind of like "Mine" - but it's probably because I haven't heard it 1,000 times yet.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:22 am

I am going to say less than that Dee Dee! I just don't think she is as big of a deal with the kids as she used to be. And that thing on the VMAs about Kanye killed it for me. I am sure it will do well, compared to the way albums are selling now, but I am going to guess less than 600,000!

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 am

I saw that Lady A took over on the American Music Awards nominations. Guess they are taking over for Taylor as most loved Country pop star. That being said, the album contests and programs have been rolling in so I am sure we will still get a big dose of Taylor!

countryroadie

Post by countryroadie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Overall sales are sucking right now on Soundscan. The number one and number two albums this week only sold 65,000-70,000 copies. Unless Taylor just comes and blows everyone away, I really think she'll only sell around 100,000 or a little above that.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:29 am

She's gotta make some bucks to pay for the lawsuit with her former manager. Seems odd that he is just now suing for money from when he managed her when she was 14. Is there not a time limitation on that...like don't wait until her third album comes out.

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 am

Well the album is finally out so we will see after this week how the sales are. Actually I would expect them to release a first day's totals. I know she is doing a ton of stuff to hype the album so I think those first week sales should be great to see.
I dont know how she keeps up with all the stuff she has to do!

jonibaloney

Post by jonibaloney » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Okay, so I was reading the news on All Access and a couple other places today. I counted 123 stories about Taylor, and that was just today. The girl is going to tour in Singapore, she's now a wax figure in Madame Whats-Her Name's- Wax Museum, she's on Oprah, Letterman, Dial Gobal, even NPR! All she needs next is to show up on that kook Glenn Beck's show--

Seriously- really---I can't take it- I mean there's other news we can talk about...like Charlie Sheen, the World Series and someone told me we're still at war with some other country over somewhere--oh whatever...all Taylor all the time. Tis all that matters....by the way, did anyone go vote or has that not happened yet.

Peace-
JB

musica22

Post by musica22 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:33 am

I posted about wanting to buy the Taylor album on my Facebook page and everyone that responded was like, "noooo don't do it!"

"The music all sounds the same!"

I feel like a LOT of people are burned out on Taylor mania. But, needless to say, I went against my friends' responses. This is the first Taylor album that I have purchased (I don't own the other two), and this one is definitely a guilty pleasure. It's REALLY good and her writing has progressed tremendously as each album is released.

That being said, I AM kinda tired of seeing 187 stories on her a day. And now that the new album is out and the songs are all about her famous relationships, every guy she is seen with now is supposedly the new guy she is dating and will write a song about. I'm kinda over it.

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:27 am

A million! Over a million!
Congrats to Taylor...she clearly still has all the teen and pop fans in her hand :)
And it can't hurt that they made some good deals with it as well. I know several people who got it as the Amazon deal of the day for 3.99.
Can we start guessing second week sales now? :mrgreen: