Ted Williams arrested!

Moderator: jimmya

PennyLane64

Ted Williams arrested!

Post by PennyLane64 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, looks like the Ted Williams saga has hit a speed-bump. Ted got arrested for public disturbance or something like that, for an argument he had with his daughter at a hotel. I reeeeeally hope he doesn't screw up the amazing opportunities he's been given. There's so many more other folks who are also needing jobs who don't have a criminal or drug history.

bbgocats

Re: Ted Williams arrested!

Post by bbgocats » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Ted Williams was "detained" by LAPD (not arrested) as a result of a heated arguments with one of his daughters. Apparently the discussion was over money. I suspect that someone came knocking on the door looking for cash and pulled the "you've never been around card." Give the man a break. He's admitted his fault and all indications are that he's looking to turn his life around. If in the end it's a big CON, then the world will learn yet another lesson in life. Maybe, just maybe, this time something good will come out as a result of someone trying to help another human being out of a slump. Only time will tell.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:20 am

Yeah I think that whole thing got blown up. But the LAPD were called for an argument...which I don't know about you guys but doesn't happen to me a lot.
I just hope this guy gets the right people around him to help him make good decisions. And that he gets the wrong people, that got him where he was with drugs, far away from him.
I would hate to see him out on the streets again in a few years but I have hope for the guy. It seems he has been given a golden ticket.

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 am

Personally, I'm calling B.S. on this one - I think there's people that will try to bring him down just because of his instant fame after all he's been through. Although I am a member of the media, I do think the media might have over-exaggerated the incident up to make it look like he's ruining his golden opportunity. Which, like BBgocats said, it was just a detaining and questioning, not an actual arrest and booking into jail. Hopefully he will continue on the path of turning his life around and it will only get better from here. Just my two cents. :)

~Mary Lynne

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Well the latest in the Ted Williams saga is that he his back in rehab. Dr Phil has got his hands on him and while I am not really a Dr Phil fan it sounds like rehab is the way to go. I did wonder about his story of being clean for two years. At least rehab will give him a chance to focus on getting his life together and get him away from bad influences. like Dr Phil ha

musica22

Post by musica22 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Dr. Phil is the devil! But I'm glad Ted is getting help after all he's been through recently. Keep on the straight and narrow and good things will continue to come.

stargirl

Post by stargirl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm

I feel bad for Ted. I think if any of us we're living on the streets for several years that it would be very difficult- in fact most of us could never imagine what he's going through.

We should all pray for him

musica22

Post by musica22 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 am

I agree, stargirl! He's been through a lot in his lifetime. Then to have every golden opportunity thrown at you all at once after having nothing at all has to be overwhelming. I can see why he would relapse. He is on my prayer list, for sure!

elwood67

Post by elwood67 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:43 am

I worked with Ted several years ago and went to broadcasting school with him. When I knew him, it was obvious he had flaws (like each of us) but he was one of the kindest guys you would ever want to meet.

He came from a very strict religious upbringing and struggled with how he would ever "measure up" to his mother and fathers expectations. He was concerned then about being able to provide for his children and in addition to working in radio he worked in a high end hair salon as a stylist in Columbus. I did not know that he had become homeless and the battle with drugs, though I did know he was a rather active drinker.

Consider this, the guy spent better than a decade living in the streets and though Columbus is not L.A., Chicago or NY, being homeless is not an ideal or easy proposition regardless of where you are. His life went from holding a sign on the side of the road in the hopes of someone throwing out a dollar to international media obsession. He went from an environment that he controlled to being moved here and there interacting with people who interact for a living. I don't care how charming he seems on TV in the initial interviews and profiles of him, that had to be frightening and exhausting. Just being on WNCI would have been overwhelming but when you add on top of that how many people wanted a piece of him and came after it in the pretense of "helping" from all over the globe, I think we're lucky we are not reading about his death.

I am grateful that some actually are helping him regardless of their motive. In no way do I want to portray that I know Ted well our interaction ended when I left Columbus in 1992 but I never had any ill thoughts or bad memories of this guy and like any other decent human being, I hope he turns the tide and overcomes his demons to be a success story we read about for years and years to come.

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks for that account Elwood. It's interesting to hear from someone who knew him before all this craziness. When everything happens at once like that it's not logical to think all his problems can just be fixed instantly. I hope rehab is a great start for him.