ACM Award Wrap Up

Moderator: jimmya

reneemcneill

ACM Award Wrap Up

Post by reneemcneill » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 am

Now that everyone has had time to digest the performances and winners - favorites? shocking? why on earth? knew it!

Entertainer Of The Year: TAYLOR SWIFT
Top Male Vocalist Of The Year: BRAD PAISLEY
Top Female Vocalist Of The Year: MIRANDA LAMBERT
Top Vocal Group Of The Year: LADY ANTEBELLUM
Top Vocal Duo Of The Year: SUGARLAND
Top New Artist: The BAND PERRY
Album Of The Year (Awarded to artist(s)/producer(s)/record company(s)): "Need You Now," LADY ANTEBELLUM
Single Record Of The Year: (Awarded to artist/producer/record company: "The House that Built Me,” MIRANDA LAMBERT
Song Of The Year: (Awarded to composer(s)/publisher(s)/artist(s)): "The House that Built Me,” MIRANDA LAMBERT
Video Of The Year: (Awarded to producer(s)/director(s)/artist(s) "The House that Built Me,” MIRANDA LAMBERT
Vocal Event Of The Year: (Awarded to artist(s)/producer(s)/record company: "ZAC BROWN BAND featuring ALAN JACKSON

karengoodner

Re: ACM Award Wrap Up

Post by karengoodner » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:56 pm

I personally really enjoyed the Zac Brown and James Taylor performance. And I loved to see Brad Paisley and The Band Perry win!

Congrats to all the winners !

PizzaLicker

Post by PizzaLicker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 am

All in all, I enjoyed the ACM Awards, but 53 minutes til' the first award was handed out is a bit much.

And I have to say also that the Steven Tyler thing was kind of annoying. Even the look on Carrie's face was like, hey look whose hanging out with us little Country folk.

I'm waiting for George Strait to sing on the MTV Awards...oh well whatever huh.

Peace-

P.L

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh P.L.-you know their favorite thing to do is the Country non-Country match up. Next year Lil Wayne and Eric Church.
A match up that does work...Paisley and Alabama...now that was cool!

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 am

I didn't think the sound was great this year...but what's new! I guess if you want live that's the issue. I wish we could have one Country award show without sound issues though!