CMA Awards Hot Stuff

Moderator: jimmya

jimmya

CMA Awards Hot Stuff

Post by jimmya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:11 am

It's pretty cool to see the networks actually battling to see who is going to have the CMA Awards!

Here is the story that's on ALL ACCESS

NEW YORK MAGAZINE is reporting that ABC, CBS and NBC are all bidding on the rights to air the CMA AWARDS in 2012. All three of the networks have reportedly placed large bids on the COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION’s annual award show, which has been on ABC for the past five years. Before that, CBS was home of the CMA AWARDS for 34 years.

A deal is expected to be made by the end of the month. Read more about it here.

The 45th annual CMA AWARDS will air live from the BRIDGESTONE ARENA in NASHVILLE on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9th on ABC-TV. Check out more information at www.cmaawards.com.

karengoodner

Re: CMA Awards Hot Stuff

Post by karengoodner » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 am

Good to see that Country is bringing in the viewers and catching that much attention! From what I read, sounds like some people expect NBC to get it this next year but we shall see! I think the fans are less worried about what network it is on and more worried about who is performing :)

elicers

Post by elicers » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 pm

There's never anything wrong with some good competition! I wonder what changes would be made if the show was switched to NBC. Perhaps a longer show? :) More performances?

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 am

I am not sure they could make it longer! It's already three hours I believe. But it would be cool to see what other Country programming it brings to the network to tie in with the awards. I always like to see all t he buildup as much as the awards!

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am

They could make them shorter if you ask me! Well more like a two hour show with regular commercial breaks instead of a three hour show with an hour and a half of commercials. Or maybe it just seems like it to me...That's why I am gonna DVR it this year!