ACM Awards

Moderator: jimmya

karengoodner

ACM Awards

Post by karengoodner » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:48 am

It's crazy to me that it's almost ACM time- it seems like this year is going by fast! I won't be making it to Vegas but would love to hear how it is and what everyone has planned for the week. In case you missed it first round of performers were announced yesterday...who are you looking forward to?

THE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM), has just announced that LUKE BRYAN, JASON ALDEAN, ERIC CHURCH, KENNY CHESNEY, MIRANDA LAMBERT, TOBY KEITH and TIM MCGRAW are schedule to perform at the 47th ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, hosted by REBA and BLAKE SHELTON.

The ceremony honors Country music’s greatest talent will air live at the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS on SUNDAY, APRIL 1st at 8:00p (ET) on the CBS TELEVISION NETWORK.

For more on the show, visit www.acmcountry.com.

Blocklo

Re: ACM Awards

Post by Blocklo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 am

It seems like most of the big names will be there so that's great but I am looking forward to hearing some of the smaller acts as well. I love that they do this ACM Experience now to give a bunch of the new artists exposure too. It's like a mini fan fair- with gambling ;)

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm pumped about the Awards this year. There has been alot of great music that has come out and I'm excited to see what each artist does for their performance.

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 am

It's coming up so soon! Who is going to make it to Vegas? I need someone to tell me stories about all the events there so I can live vicariously through you!

jimmya

Post by jimmya » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Seems like the ACM has more and more events every year with the big show- this year seems like a great event!

Jim

jimmya

Post by jimmya » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Just talked to my buddy CADILLAC JACK at KCYE...he's introducing the LUKE BRYAN show!

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 am

Can't wait to see this performance! LBT live is always so good and what a great way to support such a good cause-

The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has announced that CAPITOL NASHVILLE act LITTLE BIG TOWN will partner with ACM LIFTING LIVES to perform “Here’s Hope,” an original song co-written by ATLANTIC/WARNER MUSIC NASHVILLE artist HUNTER HAYES, to shed light on child hunger in the U.S. The song is being, which is being presented by CONAGRA FOODS’ CHILD HUNGER ENDS HERE campaign, will be performed at the 47th Annual ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, to be broadcast live from the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS on SUNDAY, APRIL 1st at 8p (ET/PT) on CBS-TV.

HUNTER will introduce LITTLE BIG TOWN, who will be joined onstage by the CLARK COUNTY CHILDREN’S CHOIR.

“When I first learned about ACM LIFTING LIVES a few years ago, I immediately asked to be a part of this amazing organization,” said KIMBERLY SCHLAPMAN of LITTLE BIG TOWN. “LIFTING LIVES seeks out needs and takes care of people. They work hard at giving both children and adults comfort, contentment and happiness. We are so honored and excited to be a part of the very special LIFTING LIVES moment to end child hunger on the ACM AWARDS. We can't wait!”

“What I didn’t realize – and what most people may not know – is that child hunger is not a faraway problem; it’s a problem right here in our own backyards,” said HUNTER. “The good news though is that this is a problem we can all help solve together. My hope is that through music, we can inspire people to get involved and finally put an end to child hunger in our country.”

ACM LIFTING LIVES is working with the CONAGRA FOODS CHILD HUNGER ENDS HERE campaign, which will donate up to five million meals this school year to FEEDING AMERICA, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. To participate, consumers can purchase specially-marked packages of select CONAGRA FOODS brands, including BANQUET, CHEF BOYARDEE, HEALTHY CHOICE, HUNT’S, MARIE CALLENDER’S, MANWICH, ORVILLE REDENBACHER’S, PETER PAN AND SNACK PACK, and then visit www.ChildHungerEndsHere.com to enter the eight-digit code found on participating product packages. For each code entered through AUGUST 2012, the equivalent of one meal will be donated to FEEDING AMERICA. In return for entering a code from specially-marked packages, consumers can download their favorite version of “Here’s Hope” from JEWEL, OWL CITY and JAY SEAN.

For more information, visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 am

That's awesome. The ACM's will be a HUGE platform to the charity and should bring in lots of mass exposure. I hope it's a big hit!

jimmya

Post by jimmya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 am

The ACM has done a great job announcing new performers and presenters almost daily.

Sounds like it will be a great show!

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:36 am

Hope everyone is having fun in Las Vegas! Be safe and enjoy the show! I will be watching from my couch and looking for you all ;)