And that's when it hit me...

Moderator: jimmya

dustinhensley

And that's when it hit me...

Post by dustinhensley » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:47 am

For some reason I've been in a big "Hey do you remember when?" kick with my friends. There's nothing more that I love than sitting on a porch somewhere, drinking something out of a mason jar and just reliving old stories. So, that brings me to my question- When/ why did you first fall in love with Country music? For me, I grew up in music so I really didn't know anything else. But I remember hearing George Jones' "Bartenders Blues" when I was around 4 at my grandparents house, and that's when I became a "fan" of music.That song still gets me to this day...

karengoodner

Re: And that's when it hit me...

Post by karengoodner » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:52 am

Hmm well I was a preacher's kid but pretty much all we listened to around the house was Country music. About second grade my mom finally started letting me tag along with her and her sister to concerts (first concerts Sawyer Brown and Steve Wariner.) And our main summer activity was going to concerts every week. There was always shows at World of Fun and the different festivals all the time. I started listening to a bigger variety of stuff once I was in middle school but when I was growing up Country was all I knew at my house! So I tell my mom it's her fault I moved to Nashville!