Bill Catino

Moderator: jimmya

jimmya

Bill Catino

Post by jimmya » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

Great letter from BILL CATINO in today's NET NEWS

Bill Catino Goes On The Record

Bill Catino
As ALL ACCESS reported on APRIL 24th (link), R&J RECORDS has entered into re-structuring, with the promo staff being retained by CURB RECORDS to help promote the ANDY GIBSON single, “Wanna Make You Love Me,” and several staffers exiting.

Many people on MUSIC ROW had been speculating the status of record industry veteran executive BILL CATINO. BILL reached out to ALL ACCESS this morning (4/25), with a letter to the industry. Here it is in its entirety, written in response to ALL ACCESS asking if he was no longer with R&J.

Yes, I too am no longer being retained by R&J in its current restructuring.

At the moment I am exploring all my options, including writing the long awaited book…..
My first priority however, is to my promotion people and finding them jobs.

CURB has been very gracious to retain our promotion team to work ANDY GIBSON in the transition over to CURB.

This is a hit song and we all believe it has a lot of life left in it - our team especially wants to stay involved and see it all the way through to the end.

Those who know me well, know my passion is with the artist and before making any decisions regarding future plans, I need to analyze this new business model we're engaged in and act in the best interest of all concerned.

Music is a HUGE part of all our lives and it's important that we take care of it right!

To quote one of my many mentors….."If you take care of the Music, the Music will take care of you".
This is also true for radio.

All my best,

BC

You can reach BILL CATINO at billcatino@comcast.net.

karengoodner

Re: Bill Catino

Post by karengoodner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 am

Great letter from Bill! I hope he finds somewhere great for his next gig!