CRS

Moderator: jimmya

jimmya

CRS

Post by jimmya » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Well it was great to see everyone last week for CRS-2010! Once again it was great seeing you, and what a successful seminar!

In this day and age, being up by 3.5% in attendance is amazing.

I'd love to know what your favorite moments were musically and also your favorite panels.

Once again thank you!

Jim Asker

karengoodner

Re: CRS

Post by karengoodner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

My first CRS was pretty amazing...nice to put a face with so many names and see friends.
I loved the UMG luncheon at the Ryman...I spoke to several out of towners who had never been in the Ryman before and I know that several of the artists had never had a chance to play that stage before then. It was great seeing so many of the new acts there and throughout the conference.

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh and they did a Hatch Show Print of the show which I thought was a great idea. Nothing is a better Nashville take home than a Hatch print.

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Greetings from Nashville, on our first day post-CRS! It was lovely to meet some of you folks. We really would love to get your feedback on what you loved about CRS, what you disliked, your favorite moment(s), etc.

I am with Karen on this one... I LOVED the UMG show at the Ryman. It was so neat to get to see (almost) everyone on their roster. David Nail was my favorite, he sang the hell outta his new single, "Turning Home."

The "Town Hall" panel (the last one on Friday) was pretty cool, too. It was neat to hear feedback on several hot topics from big wigs like John Esposito (Warner Music Nashville), Larry Wilson (Alpha Broadcasting) and Mike Dungan (Capitol Nashville), as well as from the artist's perspective (Gretchen Wilson).

Now, tell us your thoughts on this year's seminar!

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Forgot to tell ya my name - that last post was from me, Mary Lynne. ;)

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:14 am

The highlight of my CRS this year was the Sony boat. I love me some Bryan Adams so it was a great surprise to see him come out and play and be joined by so many acts.
I was also thrilled to get so much of Miranda this year. I hope The House That Built Me is a smash for her...I'm loving it. Even if the crowd around her was blocking on the bar on the boat for awhile. :lol:
Sky