Bad News If You Are On The Beach

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
ison

Re: Bad News If You Are On The Beach

Post by ison » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Ok let's all vote Republican and radio and the economy will be fine??? Way to go Inspector...

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Halltalk again, has a feel for what's happening, and adaptation is key: adapt to getting by with less, a LOT less.

Globalization has rendered the American middle class irrelevent. We are no longer needed to drive the economy, "emerging markets" are taking care of that. Now if you think when I say "economy" that I refer to something that you or I participate in, well think again. "The economy" increasingly refers to the realm of the 2-precenters and Wall street (same thing really) We are needed mainly to occupy the bottom floors of the pyramid and relinquish whatever holdings we have left. The corporatists are aggresively working to blow up medicare and shift those funds to private, for-profit insurers and of course, the grand prize, social security, well, think how much fun they could have with that!

It's political, for sure, in a facist sort of way. Get out of debt. Un-encumber yourself and start scouting for a nice underpass before all of the good ones are taken.

fmantac27

Post by fmantac27 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:38 am

If unemployment is around 7-8% it would mean that it's dropped almost three percent in a year or so...not so bad, considering the shite storm BH Obama took office under.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 am

"This country needs a revolution every 20 years just to keep the government honest."

Thomas Jefferson

We're running a little behind. Just sayin'....

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

"lets say you take a job as PD..."

Lame comparison, worthy of Glen Beck.

If Obama were PD of the country he would have been be able to fire all of those republicans getting .01 shares and refusing to follow his initiatives. The rest of the talent would get the message and get with the game plan and he would have gone from worst to first in his first book.

From all of the ranting you do on here about jobs Danno, I can deduce that you are not a millionaire. Why then you continue to support a party and ideology that couldn't give a crap about you is beyond me.

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:52 pm

"Obama and the democrats had the white house senate and the house for 2 years, what have they done? racked up $14 TRILLION in debt"

Most of the 14-trillion figure that you throw out was racked up prior to Obama and the dems taking power and is primarily a result of two un-funded wars and tax cuts to the wealthy (Reagan & Bush).

"refused to drill for oil while gasoline is $4 a gallon"

Drilling for oil (which, best as i can tell, is still being done) has nothing to do with the price of gas. The US has massive stockpiles of oil and there are stockpiles of oil all over the world. There is no shortgae of oil. Gas prices are high because oil companies are shutting down refineries. They would rather sell less fuel at a higher price. Supply and demand. Free market stuff. I would think you would be all for that.

"gave us a Soviet Style healthcare system which will further add to the debt"

Actually, the GAO has determined that healthcare reform will reduce the deficit.

"they want to raise Taxes on the people who CREATE JOBS"

But they haven't. Obama even extended the Bush tax cuts to the wealthy "job creators." Tax cuts that have been in effect for 10-years, so, where are the jobs?

You speak nonsense. You listen to too much nonsense on the radio. You spew a bunch of lame talking points as if they were facts. You're angry, I get that. But your anger is mis-directed. It's the corporatists who aren't hiring you, not Obama. It's the oil companies that are gouging you at the pump, not democrats, and if you ever have a pre-existing condition that could keep you from being insured and getting the medical care you need, you'll be grateful for healthcare reform.

So why don't you stop complaining and go be all that you can be.