Personality, its Old Fashioned

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
Radio1240

Re: Personality, its Old Fashioned

Post by Radio1240 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Loved your piece!!.. Being on the air for me is having fun and being creative!...sadly, it's gone...cookie cutter radio people...not entertaining anymore..... I still laugh, joke and poke some fun at some of the music (Country) we play..it's fun and the response from the audience is fun!...I love putting people on the air..you never know what they're gonna say..if it's worthwhile and funny..I go with it....it's not 60's radio..it's radio..the way it's suppose to be...entertaining..Johnny Carson didn't get the Tonight Show because he was boring..and cookie cutter...right?? Take Seinfeld..it was 4 situations going on at the same time in a short period of time...less than 30 minutes....was it good..or a complete failure.... it was good...people still quote Seinfeld lines all the time...be creative on the air and turn off your Facebook when you're on the air...very distracting...no good... Thanks for your article.....it was good!! :-)

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Personality radio is dead. If you want to express yourself do stand up at your local open mic night and get a real job to pay the bills. Unless of course you are okay with convincing yourself you are living an artists life by pushing buttons and living in poverty.

Radio1240

De-Reg

Post by Radio1240 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 am

Deregulation from our Federal government started the kill of radio and the 2 CC's finished it off.. :-(
How many people do you think in the past 10-15 years have been unemployed since radio dereg.... wow!

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am

jjenkins wrote:Personality radio is dead. If you want to express yourself do stand up at your local open mic night and get a real job to pay the bills. Unless of course you are okay with convincing yourself you are living an artists life by pushing buttons and living in poverty.
Awwww, somebody needs to draw attention to himself because no one outside of cyberspace will pay attention. we see you jenky and acknowledge that you exist, even though you are a cranky, pissed off little boy trying to play in a real man's game. Now, back to the sandbox little fella, and let the adults talk.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Partyshark wishes he had my personality and attention. It's a typical reaction of the WEAK to me being so damn wonderful and honest and witty. Thanks for being a fan partyshark!

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 am

jjenkins wrote:Partyshark wishes he had my personality and attention. It's a typical reaction of the WEAK to me being so damn wonderful and honest and witty. Thanks for being a fan partyshark!
Hahaaaaa, you're the one who just can't resist replying to my posts, so who is who's fan? I've got you eating out of the palm of my hand.