Radio Quacks

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
gbarn

Radio Quacks

Post by gbarn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:12 pm

An article appeared recently in the trades about a radio head proudly proclaiming the savings of $200,000 a year by eliminating multiple announcer positions. The heart of that operation has been eviscerated by a quack practicing under the guise of a forward thinker, a smart bottom-liner.

A corporate group in California just eliminated the Director of Sales and Operations Manager/PD/Prod Director/DJ positions. Again, a fool has eviscerated the heart(s) of the operation.

An April shower is a harbinger of May flowers. A quack eviscerating a heart is a harbinger of death. In radio's case, the death of a culture, the death of an industry. However, I admit that I still believe in some quacks... the winning ones in Eugene, Oregon.

gbarn

Re: Radio Quacks

Post by gbarn » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Proof again that the only good "quacks" in the world reside in Eugene, Oregon. Go Ducks!!!

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 am

Geez gbarn...Ducks fan, huh?

I found myself in Tuscaloosa not too long ago and asked this guy sitting next to me at the counter (at a Waffle House, of course) "Hey! How come no one cares about college football around here?"

Yup. Just like the movies. EVERYBODY in the place stopped and turned to look at me. If I didn't know what "Roll Tide" meant before from all the posters, banners, bumper stickers, T-shirts and whatever else you could print it on, I was quickly figuring out it had something to do with getting your ass kicked if you weren't on board. Everybody went back to their grits and sawmill when they figured out that either I was kidding or that I was new around there and the guy at the counter could handle my "education".

Check out "Dreamland Bar B Que" if you make it to Tuscaloosa. Go to the original, though.

Oh yeah, that whole radio thing. Look. The current crop of owners will tire of the toys they paid too much for without knowing how they work. They can't figure out how to make any more money from them without cutting more jobs and at this point, there's barely anyone left roaming the aisles to plug in "otto".

Be patient. Those that remember how the durn thing works will still be around to pick up the broken pieces cast aside by these spoiled brats when the next shiny object comes along ands captures their attention...

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Yep, an Oregon fan. And a Gator, Bama, Spurrier fan. Spurrier's mantra on the golf couse has always been "putt to make it," like "throw the bomb!" How can you not appreciate winners!