MD/PD seeking Music Service for Older Songs (60's-00's)

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
abeyers

MD/PD seeking Music Service for Older Songs (60's-00's)

Post by abeyers » Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 am

Recently TM studios discontinued their gold/select program and we are unable to purchase/download older songs for part of our format. I was wondering what services other radio stations use as far as music services for older songs.

Preferably I would like a service that is a la carte but am willing to consider other options as well.

vinnyg

Re: MD/PD seeking Music Service for Older Songs (60's-00's)

Post by vinnyg » Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Tell me what you need. $1 per song, delivered instantly. I have everything.

- Vinny Marino
(718) 494-2126

Criptor

Post by Criptor » Thu May 15, 2014 7:36 am

I have to agree with Vinny, as a former MD for 5 years for a local station I have had a devil of a time getting older songs from labels and since the station was and probably still is flat broke. I can tell you to get the songs anyway you can, via a service, iTunes if you have to, or have the community donate their music collections to you. It's been done in Chicago at least once I know of. When WLS donated their back catalog to the local CHIRP station. Stating they digitized all their music and have no need or no room whatever the case to house the physical copies. So that's an option. Trying to ask the labels is gonna get you nowhere though. Trust me I've tried.

singleton33

Post by singleton33 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:56 am

The flea market is my best and cheapest source for old music. You can get a boatload of cds for a dollar nowadays. Of course, I'm usually looking for 90s alternative cds. But, they've got old records, and cheap record players that you can use to record straight into your automation for the older stuff that you can't find on cd. Also, the goodwill and salvation army usually have a pretty stacked collection of CDs and records.