Weed Commercials??

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
damien05

Weed Commercials??

Post by damien05 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:25 am

So my station is in Oregon and we are a mainstream top 40 station. Starting in July Weed will be legal for recreational use. For the last couple months there has been a back and forth battle with sales when it comes to advertising dispensaries on the air. I don't know any programers in Washington or Colorado so I was curious what some policies have been when it came to advertising it on Top 40 stations. Myself and my PD see this as a problem so I was looking for a little feed back. Sorry if this was brought up on here already I just hadn't seen anything about it. thanks for whatever info you might have

chris57

Re: Weed Commercials??

Post by chris57 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 am

We have aired commercials for both medical and recreational pot at our station in Colorado and have had no problems to speak of and we are in a conservative county.

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 pm

If it's legal, it shouldn't be a problem. We heave run ads for the local Cannabis Cup and other related events, though dispensary advertising hasn't taken off yet. That could be because we are a medical marijuana state (California). Not sure.

I understand your dilemma though. Marijuana has been demonized for so long, it can be hard to accept that it is now legal and not the big, bad, bogeyman it was once considered.

imtomclay

Post by imtomclay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:16 am

the new 1580 K-High in Colorado Springs is a totally marijuana oriented talker...I think that if the recreation thing is happening, you should not have a problems, but hey, what do I know/

amjklop

Post by amjklop » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:27 am

You've shared is very helpful for me, thank you for sharing.
————————
maddennfl15sale.com
nfl 15 coins for ios