good equipment for remote setup

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
johnnyclicks

good equipment for remote setup

Post by johnnyclicks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey there. just wondering what recommendations anyone has for remote equipment? Any preferred gear? what kind of set up is most commonly used for broadcasting, PA, etc.

thanks

corneo

Re: good equipment for remote setup

Post by corneo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:10 am

What do you plan to do? Sports events? interviews? If it just a commentator at a sports event with no interview, a cheap system that plugs into a cell phone works.

johnnyclicks

Post by johnnyclicks » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:37 pm

we use to have a comrex bluebox, but stopped working. looking for a replacement that can send and receive. looking for better quality than cell phone. I've seen some cell-mic adapters but not sure the quality. we have a Marti system for in town, but need something else for outskirts and hillsides.

corneo

Post by corneo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Since I'm in a rural area where you only have cell phones available for high school F.B. games, we use the cheapest crap we could buy. (no I can't remember the name of it) Does it sound great? No. But it works.

If your going for quality in sound, you will lay out some bucks to achieve this. Plus you will need a dedicated hard phone line. (which most place don't have)

It all boils down to: how much money are you will to spend?

mattmalonei94

Post by mattmalonei94 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:41 pm

This is what we use for our station...we've moved away from the "live" broadcasts and have now moved to pre-recording breaks and emailing back to the studio. Clients have felt a lot more comfortable doing this. If you're looking for a conversation style remote with interaction back at the studio, this device will not work for you to give you the high quality you're looking for.
This is the device we are using: http://goo.gl/FDWgBp
This is a clip of audio using the device: https://soundcloud.com/i94radio/i-rig-audio-test
This is the app downloaded to iOS that we use: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twisted ... 59266?mt=8

Hope this helps!

ksslradio

Post by ksslradio » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:43 am

the set up we use utilizes a tablet and a mixer. i believe it's called a Bridge-It system, but I will have to double check. It is easy to set up and you have the capability to talk back and forth with your board op. the sound quality is great - crystal clear as if you are in the studio. we use it for remotes and for ball games. with ball games you can link it to your laptop and run your commercials from the booth.

sonnyking

Post by sonnyking » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:15 am

For really good quality I use Skype. It's available for laptop or cell phone and it works great! Minimal delay on a good connection.

eddylim

Post by eddylim » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 pm

nice quality...

shelleywilliams

Post by shelleywilliams » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:19 am

I know this is an old post, but just left Sam's, they have some great set up for a good price!